Just about every yr, NextFlex provides Fellow Awards to men and women who have long gone earlier mentioned and over and above to positively effects the FHE producing neighborhood. This 12 months marks the seventh time that the membership has gathered to rejoice incoming NextFlex Fellows for their achievements.
The honorees are:
• Dr. Massood Atashbar, Professor, Section of Electrical and Personal computer Engineering, School of Engineering and Used Sciences, Western Michigan University
Western Michigan College is a founding member of NextFlex, and given that the Institute’s start off, Dr. Atashbar has been a driving pressure in numerous actions. He is a voting member of the Complex Council, a co-lead of the Printed Elements and Microfluidics Specialized Operating Group and is a participant in the Versatile Electricity Specialized Operating Team. Dr. Atashbar has reviewed proposals for every NextFlex task phone to day and has served as a Technological Advisor for undertaking calls.
• Nick Koop, Director of Flex Know-how, TTM Systems
Koop has been instrumental in functioning within TTM Technologies to grow the circle of curiosity in flexible and printed hybrid electronics and NextFlex functions. Koop has actively participated in scheduling NextFlex workshops and functions, and he’s brought ahead chances for the FHE group to collectively deal with. Koop has served as a Specialized Advisor for NextFlex assignments and is a participant in the Device Integration and Packaging Technological Doing the job Group.
• Dr. Michael McCreary, Chief Innovation Officer, E-Ink Corporation
Dr. McCreary was a driving force in the formation of NextFlex, and E-Ink is a founding member of NextFlex. Dr. McCreary’s considerable information, connections and interest in the discipline are well recognized, and we take pleasure in that in excess of the several years he has inspired other people to join with us. E-Ink supported a number of NextFlex jobs, and Dr. McCreary is actively doing work within the organization to aid his colleagues join with NextFlex complex means.
• Heath McNaughton, Lieutenant Colonel (Retired), Alabama Air National Guard
LtCol McNaughton was important to the start of FlexMil, NextFlex’s outreach and engagement method for associates of the army group. His assistance and steering as a result of the piloting period provided vital insights into refining and structuring the plan to accomplish most effects for provider users and veterans.
• Jim Zunino, Senior Scientific Complex Manager for Munitions Long run Concepts and S&T Military Complex Spot Main (TAC-1) State-of-the-art Resources & Manufacturing, U.S. Army Futures Command, Fight Capabilities Enhancement Command, Armaments Centre at Picatinny Arsenal
Zunino is an professional in multi-useful additive manufacturing and his eyesight for producing the FHE manufacturing ecosystem is demonstrated in his desire in working with businesses, academia, and associates across government companies to improve collaboration. He is a considered chief and is pivotal to the profitable progress of 3D printed hybrid electronics