Team Policy templates used to be backward compatible in the previously versions of Windows, but this has adjusted with Windows 11. Some of the options that Windows 11 present is not obtainable in Home windows 10, and switching them is not simple any longer. That mentioned, Microsoft has suggested a established of insurance policies that IT admins must not use for Home windows 11 if they strategy to update.
What are Legacy Guidelines?
Windows 11 ADMX template gives a sub-area referred to as Legacy Policies. These encouraged guidelines will continue to perform for Windows 10, variation 20H2, and higher than. Microsoft has set up a established of recommendations the place these group guidelines really should not be made use of.
Team Coverage configurations you really should not be making use of on your Home windows personal computer
Below is the listing of procedures that you don’t have to have to alter, and even if you do, they will have no result. Some of the policies do have an effect on but negatively, these types of as significantly decreasing compliance and the velocity at which the product usually takes updates. That stated, some have possibilities as nicely. So make confident to go by means of the description for each individual of them.
- Do not show ‘Install Updates and Shut Down” possibility in Shut Down Home windows dialog box
- Do not regulate default possibility to ‘Install Updates and Shut Down’ in Shut Down Windows dialog box
- Specify deadline just before automobile-restart for update set up
- Hold off Restart for scheduled installations
- Configure auto-restart reminder notifications for updates
- Switch off auto-restart notifications for update installations
- Let non-administrators to acquire update notifications
- Specify Engaged restart transition and notification plan for updates
- Flip on Software Notifications
- Make it possible for Automated Updates speedy installation
- Re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations
- Reschedule Automatic Updates scheduled installations
- Configure vehicle-restart warning notifications agenda for updates
- No auto-restart with logged on buyers for scheduled automatic updates set up
- Find when Characteristic Updates are obtained
- Defer Upgrades and Updates
- Select when Function Updates are gained
- Turn on advised updates by way of Automated Updates
- Do not make it possible for update deferral insurance policies to result in scans from Home windows Update
- Update Power Coverage for Cart Restarts
If you are wanting for a lot more insights on each of these, examine more about it on microsoft.com.
Which ADMX policy really should you deploy in your Enterprise?
Microsoft recommends that it will count on your approach. If you plan to shift to Home windows 11 with a few Windows 10 PCs all-around, you need to deploy Home windows 11 ADMX plan in the Group Plan Retail outlet. For Windows 10, you can use the RSAT: Team Policy Management Equipment to handle them.
Go through: Which GPO ADMX to use for a Windows 11/10 Mixed Environment?
Why need to we use Team Coverage?
One particular of the most considerable positive aspects of applying Group Plan is that it enables you to deal with and centrally deploy company-dependent or computer software-primarily based insurance policies above a network. So there is no require to configure each of the PCs independently. It is also useful to deal with a established of old or legacy computers. You can use the Team Coverage to accomplish this.