When it comes to debating the Greatest of All Time, no one’s more spirited than sports fans. And when it comes to naming the G.O.A.T. of sports video games you won’t find a more passionate, opinionated audience than sports gamers.
That’s why IGN partnered with the U.S. Army for the Best Sports Video Games Showdown that kicks off with an epic bracket featuring 32 sports video games divided into four ultra-competitive brackets.
Between March 24th and March 28th, we’ll invite IGN fans to select their guesses for each phase of the bracket with the hopes of correctly selecting the greatest sports video game.
The best part? You can walk away as the grand prize winner if you manage to correctly predict how the fan-voted bracket unfolds. Be All You Can Be and put your prediction skills to the test.
To make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to win big – keep reading for details on how to enter. And if you want to know why we chose the games featured in this bracket, tune into ign.com and youtube.com/ign to watch our bracket livestream on March 27th at 10:00am PT.
Be All You Can Be and visit the https://bestsportsgame.ign.com/ between Friday, March 24th and Tuesday, March 28th, and submit your 30 predictions for the bracket. Then starting March 29th, we’ll kick off 5 rounds of fan voted polls across IGN platforms. Each poll will put the bracket matchups head-to-head, determining whether or not your submitted predictions are correct. You’ll score points for each game you guess correctly during each of the 5 rounds of the IGN fan vote. Check your scores on the leaderboard at https://bestsportsgame.ign.com/
One (1) contest winner will receive an Xbox Series X, a PS5, 32 sports game titles and a one-of-a-kind IGN champion’s jersey to strut around in while bragging about your victory. And if you miss out on the top prize, don’t fret! The top ten runners-up will receive a $100 gift card to the digital video game store of their choice.
FILL OUT YOUR BRACKET: Head to https://bestsportsgame.ign.com/ between March 24th (at 12am PT) and March 28th (11:59pm PT) and follow these four easy steps:
- Click the “Submit Your Predictions” button.
- Make your predictions (you must make predictions across all 60 match-ups to qualify).
- Enter a username (which will be shared on bestsportsgame.ign.com’s public leaderboard), your full legal name, and a valid email address.
- Click “Submit Your Predictions” (note: predictions can’t be changed once submitted).
- Round 1: 16 possible correct answers worth 30 points each (480 points max)
- Round 2: 8 possible correct answers worth 60 points each (480 points max)
- Round 3: 4 possible correct answers worth 120 points each (480 points max)
- Round 4: 2 possible correct answers worth 240 points each (480 points max)
- Round 5: 1 possible correct answer worth 480 points (480 points max)
Tie Breaker: In the event of a tie, the user who most closely predicts the ratio of fan votes between the two